Who the course is for:
Young people between the age of 16-25 who are already charity trustees or would like to become one.
Aim of the course:
To develop young people to be effective members of a trustee board, by equipping them with the essential skills and knowledge that they need for this role.
Information about the course:
‘Do You Speak Trustee?’ is a 2 day residential course adapted from the British Youth Council (BYC) training and resource pack, Youth at the Table. It introduces a young person to the role of trusteeship, as well as enhancing existing trustees understanding of how they can effectively and confidently speak with purpose, and understand their role within an organisation.
Successful completion of the course leads to nationally recognized level 2 credits from NOCN. There is dedicated tutor support throughout the programme.
By the end of course delegates will:
- Understand terminology used within the voluntary and community sector.
- Understand the terminology used in governance.
- Understand key financial terms.
- Communicate effectively in board meetings.
- Understand a range of decisions made within organisations and who has responsibility for making them.
- Understand the legal considerations related to being a trustee.
- Understand the financial aspects associated with organisations as well as different types and sources of funding.
- Gain skills knowledge and resources to enable participants to be effectively involved in governance.
Bespoke Training & Consultancy
If your needs are more specific we can adapt the exercises used in this established training course to meet your learning outcomes, and we can design it to fit within your organisations schedule of learning and development.
Find out more
Do you speak Trustee? is a one-day course adapted from the British Youth Council (BYC) training and resource pack. BYC is members of the Participation Works partnership.
The course outline as a factsheet can be downloaded below
There are no product related events