Who the course is for:
For all staff interested in or delivering children and young people’s participation, including key participation leaders and senior management.
Aim of the course:
- To increase participants understanding of participation and why it is important.
- To provide information about the Hear by Right standards framework and how to use the Participation Works Hear by Right Self-Assessment Tool.
Information about the course:
Hear by Right workshops are designed to raise awareness about participation and assist organisations and practitioners on how to use the Participation Works Hear by Right Self-Assessment Tool. The Tool helps individuals:
- Identify current participation practice in their organisation (with the involvement of children and young people).
- Create a strategic plan for improvement Record progress, which can be used for evidence and evaluation purposes when applying for funding.
The workshops are designed around the Hear by Right participation standards framework developed by National Youth Agency (NYA) to help organisations map their current level of children and young people’s participation and create a strategic plan for improvement.
By the end of the workshops delegates will:
- Have better knowledge about how to improve children and young people’s participation in organisations.
- Find out effective ways to involve children and young people in the mapping and planning process.
- Understand how to use the Hear by Right Mapping and Planning Self-Assessment Tool to develop a strategic plan for improvement.
Bespoke Training & Consultancy
If your needs are more specific we can adapt the exercises used in this established training course to meet your learning outcomes, and we can design it to fit within your organisations schedule of learning and development.
Find out more
The workshops are designed around the Hear by Right participation standards framework developed by National Youth Agency one of the members of the Participation Works partnership.
The course outline as a factsheet can be downloaded below
There are no product related events