Who the course is for:
The course is for all individuals involved in participation work. It is suitable for all levels of staff and volunteers, including policy makers. Aim of the course:
- To increase knowledge about children and young people’s participation in decision making.
- To increase skills for relating to children and young people as individuals with the right to equal respect and dignity.
- To develop a strategy for creating long-lasting change in a particular setting or organisation.
Information about the course:
Ready Steady Change is a one-day training course that introduces participants to a selection of training methods and tools to build skills and knowledge in increasing children and young people’s effective participation in decision-making. The original three-day Ready Steady Change training course and materials were developed and produced by Children’s Rights Alliance for England. The course content is flexible and practical, covering individual as well as organisational change, and uses a simple model for driving change - values, change and action. The tools are easy to use and adaptable to your own organisation.
By the end of the course delegates will:
- Have a basic understanding of the legal and policy context for children and young people’s participation in decision-making.
- Recognise how personal values and attitudes affect relationships with children and young people.
- Be aware of the many different approaches of hearing children and young people and supporting them to be heard and taken seriously.
- Have an action plan for making changes with achievable goals and targets.
Quotes from participants:
"Loved the interaction between the group - lots of shared knowledge and experience".
"Meeting young people and learning what they are doing was inspiring".
Bespoke Training & Consultancy
If your needs are more specific we can adapt the exercises used in this established training course to meet your learning outcomes, and we can design it to fit within your organisations schedule of learning and development.
Find out more
The original three-day Ready Steady Change training course and materials were developed and produced by Children’s Rights Alliance for England (CRAE). CRAE are one of the members of the Participation Works partnership.
The course outline as a factsheet can be downloaded below
There are no product related events