You can join the Participation Works Network for England (PWNE) today.
The benefits of membership are as follows:
- We publish monthly ebulletins to keep you up to date with the latest news, events, policy and opportunities around children and young people’s participation in decision making.
- We also profile a Spotlight PWNE Member which you can feature in.
- The main pages of the gateway also contain up to date news stories, events and high quality resources.
- Network members receive a 10% discount on ordering resources.
- Once you join the national network you are also automatically joined to your relevant regional network.
The network runs regional and national networking events on a range of issues relevant to practitioners. Members can also search our network database to get in contact with and share knowledge with other practitioners and you can also submit blogs on the key issues related to working in participation.
The joining process will require you to fill in an on-line form with information about your project. Everyone will be required to agree to the PWNE Terms and Conditions and Equal Opportunities statement.
There are now two different types of PWNE Membership – individual and project membership.
Individual membership is for someone who would like to take their PWNE membership with them when they move into another job.
Project membership is for someone in a project or organisation where more than one person would like to be a member and is seen as ‘shared membership’.
Once authorised by the Participation Works team members will have access to the PWNE member directories and be able to search for fellow members across the country. You might be looking for someone who’s developed a particular project in a particular setting, to seek their advice and share ideas.